This week is National Teachers Appreciation Week. We polled the CoolSpeak team and they were full of great suggestions on how you can honor and celebrate your appreciation for your teachers. Try any of these suggestions by our CoolSpeak Speakers. And remember, we can thank our teachers all year round. So if you didn’t get to #ThankATeacher this week, you still have time before the end of the school year!
Joaquín Zihuatanejo – Visit Joaquin’s page
- Write an acrostic poem that spells out the word teacher down the left-hand side of the page.
- Write a letter of appreciation to your teacher using at least five recent vocabulary words.
- Make a collage of images and words that state how much you appreciate that teacher and write a paragraph on the back of the collage that explains what the work of art means and what that teacher means to yo
Ernesto Mejia – Visit Ernesto’s page
- Write a thank you note letting your teacher know why you appreciate them. Maybe give them a Starbucks gift card or candy with the note.
- Have every student write 3 (positive) words that describe a teacher and leave all of the post it notes on the teacher’s desk for him/her to read later.
- Wash the teacher’s car and give a gas gift card. (Let another adult know that you’re doing this).
- Write a poem or a speech about how that teacher has influenced their class.
- Have alumni reach out to their past teachers to show their respect, appreciation, and admiration for what they did for them when they had them as teachers.
- Post a picture of the teacher on social media and have students post why the admire the teacher.
- Send the teacher flowers with a nice note from the entire class.
Joey Negron – Visit Joey’s page
- Say thank you. A simple thank you goes a long way.
- Be a good classmate.
- Volunteer in class.
- Leave a quick/happy/fun note or write on the board (chalk/white) to make your teacher laugh or smile.
- Give a small little gift, if possible
Justin Colon – Learn more About CoolSpeak’s Services
- Write an appreciation letter or make a video
- Volunteer time to help clean the classroom
- The class makes a thank-you book
- Former students can visit or send a card
- The parent of a student could send an appreciation letter
Plan Ahead! Contact us to schedule a CoolSpeak Program, Event, or Speaker.
**Thank you Teachers, Staff, and Administration! Much love, CoolSpeak**